top of page
AIDING THE COMMUNITY
The American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) is by far the largest Greek-American organization. Its scope is international - with chapters in the United States, Canada, Australia and Greece / Cyprus. AHEPA was founded July 26, 1922, in Atlanta, Georgia, by visionary Americans of Greek descent to protect Hellenes from the evils of bigotry and to help assimilate them into American society in the early 20th Century. Although a majority of the membership is composed of American of Hellenic (Greek) descent, application for membership is open to everyone who believes in the mission of the organization.
- Thu, Mar 23Theodore Roosevelt Executive BuildingMar 23, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMTheodore Roosevelt Executive Building, 1550 Franklin Ave., Mineola, NY 11501We are celebrating the AHEPA Family Chapters of Long Island Greek Flag Presentation in the front of the Nassau County Executive Building with the Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman on Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 11 am.
- Sat, Apr 22Terrace on the Park
- Thu, Apr 27Laterna Estiatorio + Catering
- Sat, May 06ZoomMay 06, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PMZoomBrother Bobby Gemelas, who is a member of Port Jefferson, NY Chapter 319, and Director of IT & Social Media for AHEPA District 6, is battling cancer. Through the gracious help and support of DOP Sparta Chapter 18 in Stockton, CA we are hosting a virtual bingo fundraiser on Saturday, May 6th.
- Sat, May 13World's Fair Marina
- Mon, May 22The Golf Club at Middle Bay
- Sat, Jun 03Greek Orthodox Church of the Assumption
- Sun, Jul 23Paris & Horseshoe
bottom of page